Search This Blog

Friday, November 28, 2014

DIY Sharpie Mugs (that actually last!)

I have seen so many sharpie mug tutorials lately. They are so easy and cute, but some people have complained theirs didn't hold up. Of course, I had to try this for myself.


Turned out pretty great! I love having this reminder every morning when I have my coffee, and it was way cheaper than buying one from a retailer.

What you need:
Cheap Coffee Cup. I got mine from Dollar General
Sharpie
Pan
Oven

What to do:
  1. Clean your mug. Really, really clean it. I scrubbed mine in the sink with Dawn. Dry it off really well.
  2. Draw your design on the mug. I traced mine from a piece of paper. Go over the design several times.
  3. Place the mug on the pan in a cold oven. Heat the over to 350. Once the oven reaches 350 continue to bake for 30 minutes. When 30 minutes is up turn the oven off and let the mug cool with the oven.
  4. Let mug sit for 24 hours before use.
That's it! I read lots of tutorials that said this didn't work, but it has worked great for me! I don't dishwash my mug, but handwashing hasn't damaged it at all. I recommend getting the cheapest mug you can find for this, as its glaze melts more easily and takes in the sharpie.

Let me know if you try this out!

PS- Follow me on my new Instagram!



No comments:

Post a Comment