Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Coins for Connor


This sassy diva dog is 2 today! I can't believe I have had him for almost a year now. Of cource in the spirit of birthdays I had to spoil him a little (ok a lot).


Thanks to an awesome local pet store here in Boone Connor gets to have all these treats for his special day. I can't wait to get home after school and let him eat his little cake. The cupcake cookie is for my roommates dog so he can have a birthday celebration with Connor. I know they will both have fun with the new Kong balls too.


The way Connor came into my life is a little different than most. He was actually rescued by another family. They had him for a while but could not keep him. Luckily I knew one of the girls in the family and was able to get him before he had to go back to the pound. Connor is one of my biggest blessings and I am so thankful God sent him to me!

Every dog is sadly not as lucky as Connor. It is estimated that 2.7 million adoptable pets are euthanized every year in shelters. It is impossible for shelters to humanely house them all, especially when they are underfunded. In honor of Connor's birthday I have started a little service project called Coins for Connor. All the proceeds will go to the Watauga County Humane Society to help with expenses and hopefully give a few great pound puppies a little longer to find their forever home.

If you are interested in donating to Coins for Connor click here!

Do you have a pet? What do you do for their special day? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment