Search This Blog

Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Best Cookies on the Face of the Earth



I am that girl who makes cookies from scratch. It takes a little extra time but let me just say they are so much better than that store bought stuff. I made these last weekend when I was home for the LSAT and they are so good!

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
½ cup sugar
1½ cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2¾ cups all-purpose flour
¾ tsp. coarse sea salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1½ tsp. baking powder
2¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like to get baking chocolate and chop it up myself for chunks, but this adds some extra time to the mix)
Instructions
Preheat oven to 360 degrees.  Go ahead and spray some pam on your cookie sheets.
Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it is nice and fluffy. 
Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for a few minutes. Don't let the eggs merengue though!
Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour. Mix it all up until it looks like cookie dough.
Add the chocolate chips or chunks and make sure they are distributed evenly.
Drop medium large balls of cookie dough on your sheet. I personally like mine pretty large!
Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are nice and golden brown, depending on your texture preference. I bake for 12 and no more. 
Remove from heat and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet to cool off. Let them hang out a while so they don't fall apart when you try to eat them. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment